Do you believe in unicorns? We do! At FrogLegs we love unicorns so much we like to celebrate them by making this whimsical cake!
This cake is sure to delight unicorn believers of any age. At FrogLegs this stunning cake is the centerpiece for our magical unicorn themed birthday parties, and we promise it will steal the show at any celebration!
Luckily, there is no magic required to create this cake. Just a dash of imagination and a dollop of delight.
Mrs.FrogLegs walks us through the simple steps to make your own unicorn cake at home.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Three 9′ cake pans
- An offset spatula
- A cake stand
- Three piping bags with varying tips
- One batch of FrogLegs Classic Cake (recipes follows)
- One batch of FrogLegs Classic Buttercream Frosting (recipe follows)
- Three different food colorings (we used pink, purple, and blue)
- Edible gold glitter
FrogLegs Classic Cake Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar and butter and use a hand held mixer on medium speed to combine, you can also use a standing mixer.
- When the butter and sugar are thoroughly combined add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- In three additions add dry ingredients and milk to butter, sugar, egg mixture, mixing well between each addition.
FrogLegs Classic Buttercream Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl using a hand held mixer beat butter on medium high speed until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed at first, then increase to medium speed and continue mixing for another 1-2 minutes until the mixture starts to come together.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla and beat on medium speed until desired consistency is reached.