Hoppy Holidays! We hope your December is filled with Christmas cheer. What better way to spread the joy of the Holidays than with some classic holiday cookies? When it comes to Christmas cookies there are so many delightful options. We love gingerbread, chocolate crinkle, and thumb print cookies filled with jam. However this year we let the kiddos choose their favorite and the winner was…SUGAR COOKIES!
By a landslide, these classic cookies are a FrogLegs fan favorite. So we thought we’d share our fantastic recipe for delicious sugar cookies that are perfect for creating all the wonderful shapes of the seasons. These cookies hold their shape very well and make crisp edges, so get your holiday cookie cutters out!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla with a hand held mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and egg to butter sugar mixture. Combine until the dough is in pieces, then use your hands to bring it all together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes. This is very important!
- On a floured surface roll out chilled dough with a rolling pin.
- Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes and place on wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting and decorating as desired!