Today in the kitchen we are whipping up some delightful doughnuts! We love doughnuts not only because they are delicious but also surprisingly easy to whip up, all you need is a doughnut pan! At the moment we love making these galaxy doughnuts which are whimsical and just a little bit other wordly. We hope you have as much making these as we do!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, butter, and egg. Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined – don’t over mix! Gently fold in sprinkles.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan, and bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire wrack to cool for a few more minutes.
- For glaze melt down about 1 cup of white chocolate candy melts, swirl in a few different drops of food coloring and swirl then dip the doughnuts in and swirl to make galaxy design. Set aside to let cool, chocolate will solidify.