Happy October everyone! Hope you are all enjoying the changing of the leaves, pumpkin patches, apple cider, and all the other things that go hand in hand with this delightful time of year.
Here at FrogLegs we love cooking and baking with fresh seasonal produce (it tastes better!). In October this means apples! Delicious all year round, but extra crunchy and juicy this time of year. We love apples a little extra because we live and cook in Washington state where most of the nations apples are grown!
Recently we have been making apple rosettes; they’re healthy, delicious, and pretty, whats not to love about these sweet treats? So celebrate apple season with us by making a bouquet of Apple Rosettes!
In the video below Mrs. FrogLegs will show you just how easy and fun they are to make!
- 4-5 apples
- 1 batch of pie crust or box of puff pastry
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a baking sheet, set aside.
- Slice apples into thin pieces and microwave for 20 seconds until soft but not mushy.
- Roll out dough and slice into strips about 1 inch wide and 10-12 inches long.
- Brush strips of dough with butter.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over strips of dough.
- Place apple slices on the strips of dough, with the skin of the apple facing up.
- Roll strips of dough with apples carefully into rosette shapes.
- Place on greased pan and bake at 325 for about 20 minutes.
Happy Apple Season and Hoppy Cooking!